Experience all the sights and sounds of fabulous New Vegas, brought to you by Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation. Explore the treacherous wastes of the Great Southwest from the safety and comfort of your very own vault: Meet new people, confront terrifying creatures, and arm yourself with the latest high-tech weaponry as you make a name for yourself on a thrilling new journey across the Mojave wasteland. A word of warning, however – while Vault-Tec engineers have prepared for every contingency,* in Vegas, fortunes can change in an instant. Enjoy your stay.
* Should not be construed as a legally-binding claim.
- Worked heavily in CPU and GPU memory management, optimizing for usage, fragmentation, and speed for various platforms
- Created a memory tracking tool showing usage, fragmentation, and bounds
- Wrote several types of debugging heaps to find memory overruns, underruns, and dangling pointers
- Worked heavily on game stability, increasing average up-time from 1 hour to an 8+ hours on the PlayStation 3
- Developed an automated test that would teleport to each zone in the game, logging memory usage
- Optimized streaming
- Concurrent development for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3