Orcs Must Die! Unchained is a fast-paced Fortress Siege action game in which teams of heroes battle head-to-head to attack and defend ancient strongholds. For the first time in Orcs Must Die!, teams of players are responsible for both sides of the battle — building traps to stop the enemy assault AND summoning their own armies to lead against the enemy defense.
- Created a custom visibility determination method, decreasing the time it took to determine network relevancy by 99%
- Optimized the existing octree based collision detection method, reducing it’s CPU use by 90%
- Wrote a custom game entity movement method, optimized for server performance
- Worked closely with the animators and technical artist to implement an animation system
- Developed various game play solutions for weapons systems, animation, and physics